How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Llanwrda

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Llanwrda

    How to react after a car accident

    Whether you have had a minor fender bender, or a more serious car accident, you will need to know what you should be doing to get the situation sorted out as quickly and safely as possible. There will be insurance to work out, damages to deal with and possibly even a compensation claim to make. Here are some of the things you should be doing immediately after you have been involved in an accident.

    Work out how bad the accident is

    Before you leave your car (unless it is quite clear that you need to get out of your car right away) look at the scene of the accident and work out how bad it is. Perhaps you have had a minor accident with very little damage, or perhaps this has been a serious accident where the other driver may be hurt. Know what you are dealing with before you get out of the car so you are in a better place to handle it.

    Check the damage to your vehicle

    Get out of the car and look over your own vehicle before you head over to the other driver. This way you can see what has happened, if it is as bad, or worse, than you suspected, and whether you need to call an ambulance as well as the police to the scene. You can also check your passengers to see if anyone is injured, and take time to look yourself over and make sure that you are not injured, but not feeling it yet due to shock.

    Get insurance details to make an insurance claim

    If the accident was the fault of the other driver then you will need their insurance details. The best way to approach this is to go to the other driver and offer your own insurance details in return for theirs. This stops you from approaching the driver and placing blame, which could cause an argument as you are both still suffering from shock in the wake of the accident. Make sure that you do get these details though, or otherwise they can be difficult to obtain later.

    Find solicitors in Llanwrda to make a compensation claim

    The best way to make a compensation claim against the other driver, if you feel that the accident was their fault, is to find solicitors in Llanwrda and let them know what happened. These solicitors in Llanwrda will be able to talk you through the accident and let you know whether or not you have a strong case for compensation, as well as putting together your claim for you. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile in order to find experienced solicitors in Llanwrda who can help you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 17th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.