Been injured in a motorbike accident through no fault of your own? Read our claims guide to find out more!
Motorbike accidents are a common cause of admissions to Accident and Emergency departments around the country following serious injuries to their riders.
Motorbikes are a particularly vulnerable means of transport, as they offer little protection for their rider, lacking side impact protection and body panel protection for the torso and limbs.
If you have been involved in a motorbike related accident and sustained injuries as a result through no fault of your own within the last 3 years, then you may be legally entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim, and our solicitors in Lake Ullswater can help you.
Keeping safe on your motorbike
It is advisable to follow safety guidelines to reduce the likelihood of being seriously injured in a motorbike related accident.
- always wear a correctly fitted helmet that is securely fastened, even on short trips
- always wear appropriate leathers to protect the body and limbs from coming into contact with the road surface at high speeds
- always wear gloves to protect the hands in the event of a fall from a bike
- ensure that your visor is down when riding to reduce the likelihood of debris or flying insects causing vision problems
- wear appropriate riding boots with a sturdy and ridged sole to ensure that they don’t slip when riding the bike
- don’t be tempted to ride a bike that is too powerful for your capabilities
Motorcycle related injuries
Many injuries caused in motorcycle accidents can be particularly serious and may include:
- soft tissue injury
- bleeding and lacerations
- broken, fractured or dislocated bones
- internal injury
- facial injury
- neck injury
- head injury
- spinal injury
- fatal injury
Motorcycle accident victims
Many victims of motorcycle accidents have a long road ahead of them to recovery. They may require long term hospitalisation, in order to receive the most appropriate forms of treatment for their condition. Some victims of motorcycle accidents have to be transferred to specialist centres where they can receive dedicated medical assistance for their condition and facilitate their rehabilitation.
Making your motorcycle compensation claim with our solicitors in Lake Ullswater
Call the leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline to find out more about making a personal injury compensation claim. Their helpline is available to answer your queries about making a personal injury compensation claim.
You will be offered no obligation advice about making a compensation claim by their team of helpful advisers, who can establish your entitlement to compensation over the phone.
It is left up to you to decide if you wish to go ahead and proceed with making your claim for personal injury compensation. However, if you do decide to proceed, then their team of highly experienced injury solicitors in Lake Ullswater will ensure that your claim is processed on a no win no fee* basis.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail call the advisers at Accident Advice Helpline by dialing 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.