Been the victim of food poisoning? Seek the personal injury compensation that you are entitled to!
Food poisoning can affect a large number of people rapidly. By eating food that has been contaminated through poor hygiene, food preparation and storage can cause widespread food poisoning symptoms.
If you have been ill with food poisoning through no fault of your own within the last 3 years’, then you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, and our solicitors in Ladybank can help you..
What is food poisoning?
Food poisoning is caused by food becoming contaminated by pathogens such as:
- or even parasites
once this food is consumed, the symptoms of food poisoning can rapidly affect the body and even become life threatening if it goes untreated.
What are the symptoms of food poisoning?
Food poisoning is often diagnosed by the following symptoms:
- stomach cramps
Types of food poisoning
- Salmonella bacteria often causes food poisoning to develop. This is commonly found in poultry products such as raw and undercooked chicken, raw and undercooked eggs and egg products such as mayonnaise
- Listeria bacteria is commonly found in foods that require no further cooking and are ready to eat such as pate, smoked salmon, soft cheeses and cooked sliced meats such as ham
- Campylobacter is one of the most common causes of food poisoning. This is found in meat products and can cause widespread symptoms.
- Viruses such as Norovirus is responsible for large scale food poisoning outbreaks in hospitals and schools, as it is easily transmitted through cross contamination and poor hygiene practices.
Reducing the risk of food poisoning
Food poisoning can be avoided with stringent food handling and hygiene practices.
- Observe stringent hand washing practices and always wash hands before and after preparing foods
- Use separate utensils for raw and cooked foods during food preparation
- Store chilled foods at the correct temperatures to limit the growth of bacteria
- Cook foods thoroughly until they are piping hot
- Refrigerate foods as soon as possible and don’t leave at ambient temperatures
Making a compensation claim for food poisoning with the solicitors in Ladybank
The dedicated law firm Accident Advice Helpline, have been established over 14 years’ to ensure that people who have been injured through no fault of their own, are assisted to claim their legal right to compensation.
Their telephone helpline is open to take your call and answer any queries that you may have about the compensation claims process.
Their highly experienced team of personal injury solicitors in Ladybank will ensure that all aspects of your claim are processed on your behalf on a no win no fee* basis.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail with an adviser then just dial 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 18th April 2014
Author: David Brown