How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Kingussie

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Kingussie

    As every person is different, so is every accident and every injury. The way in which victims react to similar injuries can be very different, as will be the amount of trauma they suffer after being involved in, say, a road traffic accident that was not their fault. There can be lots of causes for road traffic accidents, although the most common one is driver error.

    If you have a road traffic accident which was through no fault of your own, and you suffer injuries as a result, then you should contact solicitors in Kingussie in order to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    The criteria for using solicitors in Kingussie

    You need to be able to fit certain criteria if you want to make an injury compensation claim:

    • The accident should have happened within the last three years;
    • You should have needed medical attention for your injuries; and
    • The accident should not have been your fault, but that of another.

    It does not matter if you were the passenger in the car of the guilty driver — you were still not at fault and would be able to make a claim if you fit the other criteria as well.

    What you can claim for in your injury compensation claim

    You can claim for lots of different things in your injury compensation claim. It can depend on how bad your injury is, but could include:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Travel expenses;
    • Medical expenses;
    • Care costs;
    • Pain and suffering;
    • Effects on your life;
    • Anxiety and stress; and
    • Loss of earnings.

    Who will settle my claim made with solicitors in Kingussie?

    The people who would settle your injury claim would depend on what type of accident you have had, although in most cases it would be an insurance company of some sort. If it turns out that the guilty driver is uninsured, the claim goes to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau.

    Any insurance company that offers motor insurance has to be a member of the MIB. The insurance companies have to them a yearly levy, which is used to compensate injured parties making their claim to them. They also have to provide MIB with data which is inputted into a central database that hold records of all insured vehicles in the UK.

    If the accident was caused by bad road surfaces, then the injury compensation claim would be made to the local authority responsible for maintaining the road.

    How to make your claim

    Accident Advice Helpline operate on a no win no fee* basis, meaning that you will have no money to find to start your personal injury compensation claim. We have been operating for over 15 years and have helped many thousands of non-fault victims claim the compensation to which they were entitled in that time.

    Our solicitors are specialists experienced in handling road traffic accident claims, and whether you were a driver, passenger or pedestrian they will ensure that every area of your claim is covered to maximise the amount of personal injury compensation you receive.

    You can contact us on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, and speak to our friendly advisors. Their advice is free of charge and puts you under no obligation to proceed unless you want to.

    Date Published: 16th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.