If because of negligence or recklessness from your employer you have an accident at work and need medical attention because you suffered injuries as a result, then you may be able to make an injury compensation claim using solicitors in Keresley.
Your boss has a legal responsibility towards you and other staff members
Your employer has a legal responsibility to make sure that they protect your health and safety for you while you are at work. This also applies to any visitors that come to your workplace, as well as the general public. Your boss should:
- Make sure that all materials are stored, handled and used safely;
- Provide adequate first aid facilities;
- Inform you about potential hazards in your job and give you the training needed to deal with these;
- Set up procedures in case of an emergency;
- Make sure that ventilation, temperature and lighting all meet health and safety requirements;
- Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances;
- Take precautions against the risks involved because of flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise or radiation;
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge;
- Ensure the correct warning signs are in place;
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE);
- Be sure that all equipment is in proper working order; and
- Have working practices in place, making sure that employees follow the guidelines.
They are many more rules than these, which your boss can find in more detail on the HSE website. If you still have an accident at work, even though your boss has complied with all that they should do, then you may still be able to make an injury compensation claim using solicitors in Keresley, providing that the accident was not your own fault.
Staff members also have a responsibility to ensure they do not have an accident at work
Staff members also have a legal responsibility to ensure they do not have an accident by putting themselves or anyone else in any danger. They should wear protective clothing that is provided and follow any rules that are in place.
Employers’ liability insurance
If an accident still happens, even after everyone has done what they should do, then you may still have to make an injury compensation claim using solicitors in Keresley. Your boss will not have to pay any compensation out of their own money, so it will not affect the business. The majority of employers have employers’ liability insurance, with a minimum cover of £5 million. It would be the insurance company who settles the claim if you have an accident while you are at work.
Using solicitors in Keresley to make a claim
Any type of accident can be traumatic enough on its own without then having the stress of making a personal injury compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline will use the solicitors in Keresley for you, and take the stress away as we help claim your compensation.
Call our advisors on 0800 180 4123 for free advice about making your personal injury compensation claim.
Date Published: 14th April 2014
Author: David Brown