The responsibility for staff members health and safety fall on to their employers. They should also ensure that the staff members have a safe environment to do their job and that none of them will be injured in any accidents. If they fail in this duty and an accident happens in which an injury occurs, then the injured staff member could speak to the solicitors in Kennack Sands to make an injury compensation claim.
Do you need solicitors in Kennack Sands?
There are lots of different things an employer should do, for example:
- Provide necessary protective clothing, free of any charge to the employee
- Make sure all equipment and machinery is in proper working order
- Give the staff the proper training to operate the equipment and machinery safely
- Carry out risks assessments and act on any recommendations the assessment advises
- Record accidents, no matter how minor, in an accident book
- Have regular fire drills
- Have a health and safety policy that all staff adhere to
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Ensure you have enough space to work comfortably
- Make sure any spillages are cleared up as soon as is reasonably possible
- Clear any obstructions as soon as is reasonably possible
If your boss is not obeying the rules and regulations, so they are putting all of their staff members at risk, then you should report them to the HSE who will investigate the situation, and make sure the proper procedures are put in place.
If a member of staff is injured through the employers negligence, they would be entitled to make a personal injury claim, using the solicitors in Kennack Sands.
What is employers liability insurance?
Another legal responsibility for most bosses is that they should have is employers liability insurance. There are some exceptions to this rule, mainly government departments and agencies that pay the compensation out of their own funds.
Employers should prove they have up to date insurance and this easiest way to do this is to either put the certificate of insurance on display, or be prepared to let you see it at any time if it is not on show.
It is this insurance that would settle a personal injury claim made by a member of staff.
Employees should call us at Accident Advice Helpline
Dealing with a large insurance company can be intimidating; they will have a legal team whose job it is to make sure they pay out as little compensation as possible when dealing with personal injury claims. You need someone good on your side – you need Accident Advice Helpline.
We has the knowledge and expertise you need to fight your case successfully. Our solicitors have been dealing with such cases for many years; we have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation they were entitled to.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on our number, 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speak to one of our friendly advisors about your work related accident, if you still wish to proceed they will start your claim for you. call us if you need solicitors in Kennack Sands!
Date Published: 13th April 2014
Author: David Brown