Every staff member should be able to go to their job with the knowledge that they will be safe and no harm will come to them. The boss should make sure that they protect their health and safety, while they are in the workplace.
If they fail in this then you may be able to make an injury compensation claim, using the solicitors in Jervaulx to help you.
The solicitors in Jervaulx like employers to obey the law
It is a legal requirement that employers should look after their staffs health and safety, while they are at work.
This means the health and safety measures of your employment need to include:
- Avoiding excessive use of vibrating tools
- Protection from dangerous substances
- Plant and machinery that is in good working order
- Proper training in the use of any plant and equipment
- Protective clothing provided at no cost to the employees
- Procedures in place in case of an emergency situation, and all staff need to know what they are
- A health and safety policy that all employees have to follow
- Regular fire drills
- An accident book to record all accidents
- Serious accidents need reporting to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Risk assessments should be carried out regularly and their findings acted upon. Any hazards found, and their solutions should be recorded.
- The employees need regular breaks
- Employees should have enough space to work without excessive twisting and turning
- Spillages and obstructions should be cleared as soon as possible
These are just the basics of health and safety, a full and comprehensive list can be found on the HSE website.
You may be able to make an injury claim using the solicitors in Jervaulx, if your employer does not obey the law, and you are involved in an accident because of their negligence.
Old staff members
The rules and regulations also apply to any old staff members. An illness could develop in them after they have left the employment. However if they can prove that an industrial illness has come from their time with your boss, then they may be able to make an injury claim, using the solicitors in Jervaulx.
An example of this is, they could have worked with a small amount of chemicals in the air, which would not affect a person in the short term, but over a period of years could have severe consequences to their health.
Employers do not want to meet Accident Advice Helpline
If you have been injured in an accident at work and make a personal injury compensation claim, it is illegal for your employer to discriminate against you, or anyone that acts as a witness for you.
Accident Advice Helpline have many years experience in dealing with work related claims, we have the expertise that you need on your side to make the whole experience as simple and hassle free as possible, and your employer would rather not have to deal with us.
Call our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to one of our friendly advisers or complete the 30-second test on our website to find out if you have a valid claim.
Date Published: 12th April 2014
Author: David Brown