Liposuction is very effective at removing fat from areas in which the patient finds it difficult to budge, through diet or exercise. The procedure is fairly common now, meaning that many patients find it quick and simple, but it is still a surgical procedure, and so carries risks and a long recovery time during which the patient may struggle with pain and discomfort. Here are some ways in which you can recover quickly and easily from liposuction.
- Know what to expect. Speak to your doctor and do your own research online to find out what you should expect before, during and after your liposuction procedure. Your doctor should be able to give you all of the information you need, and give you some tips for the recovery process.
- Decide on the type of liposuction you want. There are four types of liposuction, tumescent, ultrasonic, sound wave and laser surgeries. Your doctor can talk with you to help you to decide which is best for your body.
- Do as your surgeon suggests both before and after surgery. Your surgeon will tell you what you need to do to prepare and recover from your surgery, and you should follow this to the letter to ensure a safe recovery process.
- Use ice. Ice is rarely suggested for surgery recovery, but can be a great aid in recovery from liposuction. Place ice on the area, and elevate it if possible so that you bring down any swelling naturally.
- Avoid exercise. Use your recovery time to rest and eat healthily to speed up your recovery, and avoid doing strenuous exercise at all costs.
Looking for solicitors on the Isle of Arran?
Whilst there are many trained and experienced cosmetic surgeons out there, there are also a good number of untrained and unregulated surgeons willing to do almost any cosmetic procedure. You can usually spot these by their very low prices, or a lack of reviews and information about them, but sometimes they can be tricky to spot.
If you have had a procedure botched by an unregulated and unqualified surgeon, think about finding a solicitor and claiming compensation against them. You can call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find decent solicitor and get advice and support from the friendly team at Accident Advice Helpline.
Accident Advice Helpline does not have injury solicitors on the Isle of Arran working directly for them. However, this doesn’t matter, they can still help you. They are a national personal injury law firm that work with accident victims in all areas of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors on the Isle of Arran or anywhere else get in touch!
You are under no obligation to proceed with a claim after this conversation but, if you do decide to go ahead, you will be passed over to an experienced solicitor who can start on your claim for you. Your solicitor will work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and will keep you updated as your claim progresses.Open Claim Calculator