How to eat well after a gastric bypass
A gastric bypass is a way to help you to lose weight when everything else has failed. It can help you to control your eating and lose weight, as well as get healthier. A gastric bypass is an extreme measure, but one which can be wonderfully effective as a last resort. However, it is only the start of the solution, you still need to change your diet and eating habits if you want to recover well and feel the effects quickly.
- Listen to your doctor’s advice. Your doctor will know best when it comes to what you should be eating and drinking directly following your surgery, and will probably put you on a liquid diet immediately afterwards to allow you to heal better. You should also take any medication or supplements they give you.
- Know what your body needs. Listen to what your body is telling you when it comes to what you want to eat and how much. You will need to be attuned to your body’s needs in order to eat what you should be, and keep yourself healthy.
- Eat and drink separately. If you eat and drink together you can cause something caused ‘dumping syndrome’ which will make you feel nauseous and can push your food through too quickly, so you do not keep the nutrients you need.
- Avoid sweets and fatty foods. These do not contain the nutrients your body needs and are a waste of food when your body can only withstand so much following your surgery.
- Eat more protein. Protein helps to build strong muscles and will process in your body more effectively than other foods. Find creative ways to get protein into your body.
When to find solicitors in Ipplepen and claim compensation
If your doctor has behaved negligently in giving you a gastric bypass, or during your surgery, then you may well have a good case for compensation against them. The best way to make a compensation claim is through solicitors in Ipplepen who are able to work with you to put together a strong case.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation suits, and will pair you with solicitors in Ipplepen who can work with you to get you the compensation you deserve.
You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the team about your situation and get help deciding whether or not you want to make a claim. If you decide to go ahead, you will be passed over to our solicitors in Ipplepen who will work with you on a 100% no win no fee basis. Your solicitors in Ipplepen will also work on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court.
Date Published: 7th April 2014
Author: David Brown