How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Inverkeilor

    Are you looking for solicitors in Inverkeilor following an accident that was someone else’s fault? If the accident took place within the last three years and you’ve seen a medical professional for your injuries, Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    Accidents at work can be difficult to deal with on your own. Not only do you have your injury to contend with, but you might also be worried about making a claim against your employer. Here’s some advice that might help you with your claim.

    Solicitors in Inverkeilor

    Work-related accidents happen every day. We most often associate them with serious injuries, such as falls from a height, or construction accidents. However, they can happen in any workplace environment, and although they aren’t always serious, they can be inconvenient and costly.

    Even a slip, trip or fall in the workplace can cause problems. If you slipped on liquids spilt on the foyer floor of your workplace or tripped over messy cables in the office, you could sprain or break a limb. That could mean time off work, which usually results in a loss of earnings. This is especially true if you are on a reduced salary or statutory sick pay.

    You might incur further costs: medical bills, prescription charges, travel costs or even personal care or home help. These can add to increasing financial difficulty as you find it harder to keep up with your everyday bills.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Government legislation entitles you to make a claim for personal injury compensation. An award like this can compensate you for your pain and suffering, as well as help you to recover some or all of the associated costs of your injury.

    How to cope with a work-related accident

    Firstly, it’s important to know your employer’s responsibilities. Under health & safety legislation, all employers have a duty of care to ensure that their employees are kept safe while at their workplace. They must take all reasonable precautions to prevent accident and injury. This includes providing adequate training, which should be updated as necessary, and appropriate protective clothing if required.

    They must also have up-to-date processes and procedures, not only to prevent accidents but also to deal with them when they happen, so that they can minimise harm.

    If you feel that your employer was responsible for the accident in which you sustained your injury, you should consider making a claim. You might be worried about what it might mean that you make a claim against your employer, but it’s worth considering that it’s illegal for an employer to discipline or sack you for making such a claim.

    It’s also worth considering that making a claim against your employer will probably force them to face up to their responsibilities and put things right, ensuring that the same kind of accident doesn’t happen again to someone else in the future.

    Getting the help that you need

    Finding solicitors in Inverkeilor can be tricky, but Accident Advice Helpline works in partnership with some of the most experienced, specialist solicitors in your area. They all work on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis, meaning there are no upfront costs for you to make a claim.

    To get free, no-obligation advice from our friendly, professional advisors, just call free from a landline on 0800 689 0500 or from a mobile on 0333 500 0993 (charges may vary). You’ll get all the support and advice you need to make your claim, and access to the best solicitors in Inverkeilor to help you make your case.

    Date Published: 7th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.