How to stop pain in your skin
Pain in the skin can happen for a number of reasons. Perhaps you are suffering from a burn, have had an accident and grazed or scraped your skin, or have even been stung by a plant or insect. Whatever the reason you are suffering from pain in your skin, there are some universal things you can do that will help to ease the pain and make you start to feel a little better. Remember that if you are suffering from a serious injury, though, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible to avoid infection.
- Rub the skin. In the immediate aftermath of your injury, rub your hand lightly over the skin. This helps to bring more blood flow into the area, which reduces pain quickly.
- Use ice. If you have ice to hand then place this on the area as quickly as you can. Anything cold will help to an extent, as it numbs the skin naturally, and helps to bring down any swelling.
- Try creams and ointments. Look for something designed to reduce pain or even just moisturise the area as this will help to reduce the pain you are feeling and also help the skin to heal.
- Try aloe vera. Aloe vera is well known for being good for skin, and can instantly reduce any pain after an injury.
- Leave the area alone. After you have applied what you can, try to resist picking or touching the skin, as letting it heal will make it more likely to heal quickly.
When to find solicitors in Ilkeston for compensation
If you have suffered an injury to your skin as the result of someone else’s negligence, and this injury has affected your day to day life for some time, then you may be able to claim compensation back from this person, using solicitors in Ilkeston for help.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years experience with personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated solicitors in Ilkeston to help you to get the compensation you deserve after being injured in an accident that was not your fault.
You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to get help finding solicitors in Ilkeston and making a claim. Call the helpline and if the team feels that you have a good case for compensation you will be passed over to our in house solicitors in Ilkeston who will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis, and will also work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.
You shouldn’t have to go to court, and your solicitors in Ilkeston will keep you updated as your claim progresses.Open Claim Calculator