How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Hinckley

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Solicitors in Hinckley

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Hinckley

    Everyone likes to eat out at a restaurant or have a take away every once in a while.  Most of the time the food you eat will be well prepared and enjoyable, but what if the meal that you ate, then made you very ill with sickness and stomach cramps, etc. It could be that you have contracted a dose of food poisoning and then you may wish to use the solicitors in Hinckley, to make an injury compensation claim.

    Becoming ill from food poisoning could happen in other places than restaurants and take aways. Supermarkets, canteens and other shops can also be the reason for you to have this illness, causing you to use the solicitors in Hinckley.

    Anywhere that does not prepare or store the food correctly could allow it to become contaminated with bacteria and cause customers to be ill.  Even outside caterers for a wedding or some other celebration could be at fault, and in fact as long it is not you that  cooked the meal and made yourself ill, you may be entitled to compensation.

    If it is someone else that has made you feel so poorly, then you should contact the solicitors in Hinckley so they can assist you in making a personal injury compensation claim.

    Who is to blame?

    When bacteria contaminate food they spread very quickly.  It is not always possible to tell this has happened which means that sometimes food is served with no on being aware of the contamination.  It could have happened anywhere along the food chain and could be the fault of a supplier to the restaurant or cafe, and might not be their fault at all.

    As a rough guide, if anything does not smell right or the colour looks a bit dodgy, don’t use it. Because of the number of people that could have caused your food poisoning, you need to report it to the Foods Standards Agency (FSA) who will track the source and make sure it is stopped.

    Some outbreaks of the illness have affected numerous people causing some of them to be seriously ill.  The FSA will attempt to stop this happening and if they find someone in serious breach of the rules and regulations will close the business till it is corrected, and may even prosecute the offender.

    Using a bit of common sense

    The majority of things food outlets need do to are common sense, the sorts of thing you would do in your own home such as hygiene. They just need to be more careful because they are feeding other people, not just themselves.

    Making you injury claim with the solicitors in Hinckley at Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline are experts in making personal injury claim and have done so for all types of injuries from all types of accidents and among them have been numerous for food poisoning.

    As we operate on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis, you do not have to worry about finding money to start your claim so their is not reason not to call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and have a chat to our friendly advisers about making your personal injury compensation claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.