How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Herne Bay

    Solicitors in Herne Bay

    Whether you are in Herne Bay or in London, in Falmouth or Glasgow, there are places where you can eat out or have a take away. If you do eat out somewhere, no matter where it is, and you become ill afterwards you may have contracted food poisoning and then you may wish to make a food poisoning injury compensation claim, using the solicitors in Herne Bay to help you.

    The cause of food poisoning is bacteria or viruses contaminating your food. Some of the best know bacteria are called salmonella and E.coli, but other things such as viruses or chemicals can contaminate your food as well.

    How it happens, and why you might want to use the solicitors in Herne Bay

    There are lots of different ways to causing food poisoning, here are just a few of them:

    • Not storing the food at correct temperatures
    • Leaving cooked food for too long at warm temperatures
    • Some one who is ill or has dirty hands touching the food
    • Cross contamination of food
    • Eating food passed its use by date
    • Not cleaning utensils between preparing different foods
    • Not keeping the cooking and preparation areas clean
    • Not cooking the food properly

    You may have contracted food poisoning and need to use the solicitors in Herne Bay, if you feel ill after eating out.  It is not just restaurants that you get eat and food at, works canteens, hospitals, cafes, or any other food outlet can be the cause of making you feel so ill.

    Some foods can be worse than others

    There are some foods that can be more susceptible to being contaminated than others, for example fresh dairy products, raw meats, raw eggs, sausages and burgers as well as shell fish are all among foods that need more care taking with them.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Ready meals and pre packed sandwiches from shops and supermarkets are another common way for the condition to be sustained, and they are just as liable to pay you compensation as anywhere that you eat a cooked meal at.

    Food poisoning effects

    Within 1 to 3 days you might start to feel ill if you have food poisoning. Some of the symptoms are:

    • Loss of appetite
    • Muscle spasms
    • Nausea
    • Vomiting
    • Stomach cramps
    • Diarrhea

    Usually the majority of people will get over their food poisoning without the need for any medical treatment if they drink plenty of water and rest.  It is best to avoid food until you feel better and then it should be things that are easy to digest.

    Reporting food poisoning

    You should report your case of food poisoning to the Food Standards Agency who are responsible for making sure who sells food, follow the rules and regulations regarding food safety.  Otherwise other people may have the same illness that you have suffered. If they fail, the agency has the power to close them down until the situation is rectified.

    Whatever or whoever is at fault, you need to call Accident Advice Helpline to make your food poisoning compensation claim. Our solicitors in Herne Bay will ensure that you receive the maximum compensation you are entitled to and will make the process as simple and trouble free as possible. Call our helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to an advisor, they will start the process for you.

    Date Published: 4th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.