We all hope that we will not become a victim of a violent crime, but unfortunately these things happen all too often. A violent crime can be devastating and leave the person not only injured, but with stress and anxiety afterwards, that can stay with them for the rest of their life.
If a violent crime has ever happened to you and you were injured as a result, then you may be able to make criminal injury compensation claim, using the solicitors in Henley at Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
The solicitors in Henley explains the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme
This compensation scheme is a government funded scheme primarily to help the victims who are innocent in a violent crime. The government realise that no amount of money will make up for what you have suffered, but it can make you financial circumstances better and is meant to be in recognition of what you have had to endure.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administers the scheme.
What payments will the scheme will cover?
The payments the scheme will cover are:
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Special expenses payments, to cover specific injury-related requirements which are not free of charge from any source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
- Loss of earnings
Who can make a claim to the scheme?
The people who can make a claim to the scheme are as follows:
- If you sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- You were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- You were not to blame for the incident
- If you sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- Are the qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
Other points are:
- You should have helped the police with their enquiries to give them every chance of apprehending the villain
- You must be a British citizen or a national of an EU country that has a right to be in the UK
- The incident should have happened with the last two years, except in exceptional circumstances
Accident Advice Helpline and the solicitors in Henley are here to help
Being the victim of a violent crime is a very traumatic experience without having to go through the stress of making a compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline are here to help, here to take the stress away and make you claim as trouble free as possible.
We have in house solicitors with a wealth of knowledge and experience, for them personal injury compensation claims, of all types, is a daily occurrence. When making any compensation claim you need the best on your side and with our solicitors you will have exactly that.
The sooner we know about your compensation claim, the sooner we can start the processes. Speak to one of our advisors on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, you will find them friendly, professional and compassionate and your conversation will be confidential. After a chat with them you will be under no obligation to proceed unless you want to.