Solicitors in Henley on Thames


Whether you live in Henley on Thames or in another part of the country, you could still be a victim of child abuse, it does not matter where you live, as it is a problem that is worldwide. Offenders are dealt with severely by the courts no matter what country you live in, but did you know that in the UK you can claim compensation if you are a victim of child abuse.

Our solicitors for Henley on Thames have a wealth of experience in dealing with these cases, and you will find them to be compassionate and helpful when you want to make a child abuse claim.

The solicitors in Henley on Thames will make a claim to the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme on your behalf

This scheme is government funded to compensate the victims os violent crimes and abuse, where the victim has been unable to get compensation from the guilty party.

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administers it and there are time limits that apply to making a claim, normally within 2 years of the incident

If you were under 18 at the time of the abuse

The CICA understand that it is not always possible for children under the age of 18 to report any abuse that has happened to them. So for this reason there are special rules that apply, they are:

  • If the incident or period of abuse took place before you turned 18, but was not reported to the police at the time, they will consider your claim if it is made within two years of the date it was reported to the police.
  • If you were under 18, it is best if someone applies on your behalf as soon as possible.  This is because it may be harder to prove the crime later.
  • If the incident or period of abuse was reported to the police before you were 18, and no one made a claim on your behalf, they will accept a claim from you providing you make it before your 20th birthday.

Any violent crimes that happen against children, not just sexual abuse, are covered by these rules.

Our patron Esther Rantzen, is a fighter for childrens rights

Esther Rantzen, TV personality and UK consumer champion has been our patron for the last 10 years. She is so influential that some of her campaigns led to changes in the laws, such as seat belts for children in the back of cars and safer playground surfaces.

Children’s rights are just one of the things she still fights for and no doubt one of the things she will be best remembered for is the setting up of Childline, the children’s charity that gives children access to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This helpline has been copied in over 150 other countries, that’s a lot of children now with access to help, all because of Esther.

Accident Advice Helpline will help you make your injury compensation claim

We are here to help with your personal injury claim.  The advisers on our freephone number 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone are friendly and compassionate, and you can speak to them in confidence. Have a chat with one of them and if you decide you want to proceed, they will start your compensation claim, using the solicitors in Henley on Thames.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )