If you are unfortunate enough to have an accident while you are at work that was not your fault, then you may be able to make an injury compensation claim, using the solicitors in Hemel Hempstead at Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
Accidents in the workplace are becoming more common, even though the health and safety regulations are stricter than ever.
The responsibilities of the employer to avoid facing the solicitors in Hemel Hempstead
Every employers has a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their staff members and they should make sure that the employees have a safe place to carry out their duties at work. This also applies to any visitors, customers, or the public that visit the business.
Your employer should:
- Provide proper training in use of any plant and equipment
- Make sure that all plant and equipment is safe to use
- Make sure that all materials are stored, handled and used safely
- Provide adequate first aid facilities
- Let you know about potential hazard in your job
- Set up emergency plans and ensure staff know the details
- Make sure that ventilation, temperature, lighting, toilet, washing and rest facilities all meet health and safety requirements
- Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances
- Take precautions against the risks involved because of flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise or radiation
- Provide health and safety supervision as needed
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge
- Ensure the correct warning signs are in place
- Have regular fire drills
- Keep an accident book to record all accidents
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive
If everything is done right and you still suffer an accident that causes you an injury then you should speak to the solicitors in Hemel Hempstead at Accident Advice Helpline, so they can assist you in making an injury compensation claim.
The responsibilities of an employee to avoid having to use the solicitors in Hemel Hempstead
The employee also has a legal responsibility to make sure their own well being is being looked after. You should never put you or your work colleague in any danger that could result in an accident.
You should also report your boss to the HSE if you think they are not compliant with health and safety rules, you cannot be disciplined for doing this.
Make your claim the easy way
Any type of accident can be traumatic enough on its own without then having the stress of making a personal injury compensation claim.
Accident Advice Helpline will make your compensation claim process easy for you. We are experts in dealing with accidents of all types, of making sure our customers get the best service possible as well as getting them a fair amount of compensation for the injuries sustained and losses or costs associated with the accident.
Call our advisors on 0800 180 4123, and get free advice from them about the way forward. Or complete the 30-second test on our website for guidance.
Date Published: 4th April 2014
Author: David Brown