You may be able to make a criminal injury claim using the solicitors in Hebden Bridge, if you are an innocent victim of a violent crime.
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) are the people who administer the payments according to the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme. This organisation are government funded, and they were set up to ensure the victims of a violent crime could receive compensation.
Payments are available from the scheme for:
- Loss of earnings
- Special expense payments, to cover specific injury-related needs which are not available free of charge from any other source
- Fatal injuries, including loss of parental services and financial dependency
- Funeral payments
- Personal injury following a single incident
- Personal injury following a period of abuse
You may want to speak to the solicitors in Hebden Bridge about making an injury compensation claim, If any of the above apply to you.
The criteria you need to fit to be able to claim using the solicitors in Hebden Bridge
The criteria you need yo fit to be able to make a criminal injury claim are:
- Sustained an injury while taking an exceptional and justified risk, while trying to remedy or prevent a crime
- Sustained a mental injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in the immediate aftermath of an incident in which a loved one is injured
- Are a qualifying relative of a victim who has died from injuries caused by a crime of violence
- Were a direct victim of a crime of violence
- Were not to blame for the incident
The CICA has further requirements for you to use the solicitors in Hebden Bridge and make a claim
- You must report the incident to the police, and help them with their enquiries, to give them the best chance of catching the criminal.
- You must have needed medical attention, whether for physical or mental injuries.
- You cannot have already applied for compensation for the same injury under this or any other scheme.
- The incident should have happened within the last two years
Accident Advice Helpline is here to help with your criminal injuries claim
The above is the basics of the Criminal Injury Compensation Scheme, and that all seems enough to contend with, without all the other associated ins and outs of the scheme, all intended of course, quite correctly, to make sure that it only pays to the people it is meant for.
Accident Advice Helpline will help you make your claim, we have been doing so successfully for over 13 years now, and we will make the process a whole lot easier for you.
Just call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and speak to one of our advisers, you will find them friendly and compassionate and the call will be in complete confidence.
Date Published: 3rd April 2014
Author: David Brown