Making a personal injury compensation claim can start by any type of accident or injury, in which you needed medical attention for injuries sustained in an accident for which you were not to blame.
If you are injured because of a defective item, some people discount making an injury compensation claim, but if this happen to you then you should claim the compensation you are entitled to, using the solicitors in Hawes at Accident Advice Helpline to assist you.
A defective product can cause lots of damage; here in this list are just a few examples:
- Faulty electrical goods in the home could cause electric shocks
- In the garden some of the tools can cause very nasty accidents
- Tongs, dryers, straighteners or bleaches and bleaching equipment can cause damage to the hair and scalp at the hairdressers
- Children can be hurt by playing with defective toys
- Breast implants, other cosmetic implants, replacement hip joint or any other faulty medical device can cause injury
- Cycle accidents caused by defective brakes
- Cars are often recalled because of faulty parts
How to avoid an injury compensation claim using of the solicitors in Hawes
The people who make products for sale to consumers have a legal duty to ensure that their products are safe. The main responsibility for this falls on the manufacturers of the products, but wholesalers and shops also have legal responsibilities.
The companies who fail to meet with these responsibilities will find the consequences can be serious. They can be fined, or even imprisoned, as well as being sued for compensation by the victim who may use the solicitors of Hawes.
The law in the UK says that products that are sold to customers must be safe; producers, manufacturers and importers need to help ensure their products are safe, and if there are potential risks they should:
- Provide the consumers with information to help them understand the risks if there are any
- Monitor the safety of their products
- Take action if any product is found to be unsafe
- Warning consumers about any potential risks
Sometimes, more than one business is involved in the production of a product, for instance several companies could supply the parts to make one item and in this situation they can be jointly liable if the finished product causes an injury resulting in a personal injury claim using the solicitors in Hawes.
Making a claim against the manufacturers
The solicitors in Hawes at Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with making a personal injury compensation claim if faulty goods have injured you. We will take whatever action is necessary.
We were established in 2000, the founders intentions being to give access to justice to victims of non-fault accidents under the ‘no win, no fee’ agreement, and we have achieved that for many thousands of claimants, with all types of injuries resulting from all types of accidents, helped them to claim the compensation to which they were entitled.
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone. Our advisers are there to give you free advice and help you along the way with your accident claims.
Date Published: 2nd April 2014
Author: David Brown