How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Hastings & St Leonards

    If you are an innocent victim of an accident in which you were injured in as a result, then you might want to make a personal injury compensation claim, using the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline to help you.

    Although we do not have injury solicitors in Hastings & St Leonards we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Hastings & St Leonards look no further than our expert service.

    The different accidents you may want to use the solicitors in Hastings & St Leonards for

    We have a list of some accidents that might happen, but there are numerous others as well, just a few examples are:

    • Road traffic accident
    • Accident caused by potholes or bad road surfaces
    • Slips, trips or falls in a public place
    • Industrial illnesses and diseases
    • Holiday accidents
    • Accidents in schools
    • Faulty goods that cause harm
    • Work related accident
    • Food poisoning

    If you suffer from any one of these accidents or any other accidents for that matter, that was not your own fault, then you may be able to make an injury compensation claim, using the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline to assist you.

    Who settles your claim?

    The majority of people who have a personal injury compensation claim made against them, will not have to pay the compensation themselves. They are insured for such cases, or there is a large organisation who get involved. For example:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Employers liability insurance is cover employers if an employee makes a claim.
    • Public liability insurance is in case of accidents in public places.
    • In the case of a criminal injury your claim would be put to the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA)
    • Some claims are made directly against local authorities, government departments and health trusts.
    • Motor insurance, which is for car, motorbike or any other sort of road vehicle.
    • Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) is to cover third parties if the guilty driver was uninsured .

    For injury compensation claims, the MIB and CICA are very important organisations

    MIB- this is a scheme that all companies that offer motor insurance have to be a member of. Each year they have to pay a levy to the MIB, which is used to pay injury claims it receives. If the other driver was uninsured, or untraceable the MIB is there to ensure that the injured party does not lose out because of a lack of insurance.

    CICA – the CICA is a government funded scheme meant to compensate the blameless victims of crime, including assault and crimes of a sexual nature. You have to fit their criteria and there is a two year time limit on making a claim.

    It sounds very complicated

    For the normal person this probably seems complicated. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, dealing with them is an every day occurrence. Our solicitors have a wealth of knowledge and expertise for personal injury compensation claims, they know how to handle these large organisations, and the best way to present your claim to give you the best chance of success.

    Our helpline number is 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and there you will speak to friendly advisers, free advice which is free of obligation as well. They will assist you all they can in putting your claim into motion.

    Date Published: 2nd April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.