How to manage pain during labour
Going through labour is probably one of the most painful things that a woman will go through in her lifetime. However, there are ways to manage the pain, and get through the experience without too much trauma. Doctors and nurses are on hand to provide pain relief when you need it, and will be able to make sure that nothing goes wrong. Here are some tips for managing your pain, and finding the experience more rewarding.
- Create a relaxed environment. If you are frightened or stressed then the pain can feel worse than if you have a relaxed environment. Bring candles and soft music with you to help to make your room feel more comfortable, and make sure that anyone in the room with you is calm, and can help you to be calm.
- Try different positions. Sometimes simply moving around the room and getting into different positions can help the pain of labour to lessen. Try everything you can, and listen to your body so that you know what you need to do.
- Try water birth. Many women choose a water birth as this can help to lessen pain and make the experience more pleasant. There are often special water birth rooms in hospitals, so ask about this in advance.
- Consider an epidural. An epidural works to numb the lower half of your body. You will still feel your contractions and be able to push normally, but will not feel the pain.
- Ask about other pain relief. Your midwife will be able to suggest methods of pain relief to you, so that you can choose something that feels comfortable to you.
When to find solicitors in Hartley Wintney
If you feel that you have been treated badly during labour, or there were complications which you feel were caused by your doctor or midwife, then you may be in a good position to claim compensation back from the hospital, or the medical professional you worked with.
The best way to claim compensation is to use solicitors in Hartley Wintney or local to you, who will know the law and how best to put together a successful compensation claim. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the friendly team about what has happened to you, and get help deciding whether or not you want to go ahead with a claim. Their nationwide coverage and provision of solicitors will mean that you don’t have to settle for local solicitor in Hartley Wintney or anywhere else.
You are under no obligation to make a claim after calling Accident Advice Helpline, but if you do you will be passed over to our solicitors who will work with you on a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve. They will work on your behalf, making the process easier on you and ensuring that you needn’t go to court personally.