Suffering from chronic back pain can affect almost every part of your life, making it difficult to get around and do the normal day to day activities that most people find easy. Back pain can also make you feel miserable over time, as it persists and make you feel uncomfortable whether you are sitting, standing or walking around. However, the last thing you want is to be constantly on medication, so here are some ways of easing your back pain without resorting to painkillers.
- Get a massage. Massage is one way of dealing with chronic back pain that will really give you a longer term boost. Where painkillers only work until they wear off, massages give you long term relief so that you can enjoy a tension free back for a longer period of time.
- See a physical therapist. A physical therapist can give you exercises and stretches you can do to stretch your back out every morning and prepare you for the day. They can also help with your posture to ensure that you are standing and sitting in a way that is not going to make your back any worse.
- Try heat and cold. Depending on the type of pain, or just what works for you, heat and cold work as wonderful natural pain relievers, that you can use any time.
- Try a hot bath. Much like a massage, a hot bath eases all of the tension in your muscles and lets your back really relax and feel better for a longer period of time.
- Use painkillers as a back up. Some days you may just have pain that will not ease and only in these circumstances should you use painkillers, so you do not get addicted to them, or used to them.
Looking for solicitors in Harrow?
If your back pain was caused by an accident which was caused by someone else, then why not consider claiming compensation back for your injuries? Compensation can help you to pay for medical bills and further treatment and therapies that you may require, as well as helping you to deal with the situation emotionally.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your accident and get help deciding whether or not you have a strong enough case to make a claim.
You are under no obligation to proceed after you first speak to the team, but if you do their solicitors will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and will also work on your behalf to save you having to go to court. Your solicitors will keep you updated as your claim progresses, and you can call the helpline to get further advice as and when you need it.
Accident Advice Helpline does not have injury solicitors in Harrow working directly for them. However, this doesn’t matter, they can still help you. They are a national personal injury law firm that work with accident victims in all areas of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Harrow or anywhere else get in touch!Open Claim Calculator