Keep your home clean to avoid illness
A clean home helps to protect you and your family against illness, so it is important that you keep your home as clean as you possibly can in the time that you have. This does not mean getting paranoid about cleanliness, as your house does not need to be spotless, but it does mean paying attention to the rooms in which bacteria is the most likely, and keeping these clean with antibacterial sprays and wipes.
- Identify the main culprits. Work out where in your house is the most likely to spread illness so that you can focus on these. The rooms most often at fault are the kitchen and bathroom, so these are the rooms you should concentrate on, even if you spend less time cleaning the other rooms.
- Use antibacterial sprays. Just warm water and soap will do a lot to keep your home clean and kill bacteria, but antibacterial sprays can kill more stubborn bacteria, and these are the ones which cause the more serious illnesses.
- Target surfaces and anything likely to be touched. When you are cleaning, target anything that you and your family touch a lot, because these are the places that bacteria is spread, deposited and then picked up by someone else.
- Wash your hands. Make sure that you have handwash available by all sinks, and that you and your family get into the habit of washing your hands as often as you can. Washing your hands can help so much to prevent illness, even if you do come into contact with bacteria.
- Bleach floors and vacuum carpets. Bacteria can easily be spread on your floors so make sure that you dedicated time each week to vacuuming your carpets and putting hot water and bleach over smoother floor surfaces.
When to find solicitors in Harpenden
If you feel that you have been made ill through the negligence of someone else, then you are within your rights to look for solicitors in Harpenden and think about making a claim for compensation against them.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years experience with personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced and dedicated solicitors in Harpenden who are able to work with you to get you the compensation you deserve.
You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the team about what has happened to you, and get help deciding whether or not you have a good case for compensation, and whether you want to proceed with a claim or not. If you do decide to go ahead then you will be passed over to our professional solicitors in Harpenden, who will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis to process your claim, and will also work on your behalf so that you shouldn’t have to go to court.