Face up to your injury claim! Call our team of expert injury solicitors to claim the compensation you deserve!
Whilst any injury can be painful and debilitating, a facial injury remains one of the most visual and sensitive areas of the body to become hurt. The face represents our identity and individuality and if this becomes injured, then it can have physical, emotional and psychological effects that may take time to overcome.
If you have been the victim of an accident or incident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years and you have sustained a facial trauma, then you may be legally entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim for your injuries.
What is the definition of a facial injury?
A facial injury may be defined as any trauma to the face, including:
- the nose
- the cheek
- the forehead
- the lower jaw
- the upper jaw
What makes facial injury so different from other injuries?
The face forms an integral part of our identity and it also where our senses; sight, touch, sound and smell are located.
Facial injury may involve:
- soft tissue trauma such as lacerations, burns and bruising
- broken, fractured or dislocated bones such as the jaw, nose or small facial bones
- trauma to the delicate thinner tissues around the nasal passages, eyes and lips
What are the symptoms of a facial injury?
Facial injuries may be evident if there is:
- swelling to the facial area
- abnormal facial features
- loss of function – unable to breathe through nasal passages or open the jaw
- severe pain and discomfort
- burning to the facial tissues
Treating a facial injury
Facial injuries need to be assessed and treated as soon as possible by a medical professional. The primary concerns are:
- to control any bleeding
- to ensure that the airway isn’t compromised
- to restore the function of the damaged tissue – to open the jaw
- to reduce swelling and provide pain relief
- to reduce the risk of infection with antibiotic medications
- to reduce the risk of scarring
Make your compensation claim with the solicitors in Great Strickland
If you wish to find out more information about making a personal injury compensation claim, then call Accident Advice Helpline and speak to one of their helpful advisers.
They can quickly establish your legal entitlement to make a no win no fee* personal injury compensation claim over the phone. With in excess of 14 years experience of assisting people to claim their legal rights to compensation, their team of capable advisers and injury solicitors in Great Strickland have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to draw upon.
If you choose to proceed with making your claim, then it will be passed to one of our specialist personal injury solicitors in Great Strickland. They will ensure that your claim is handled effectively and with accountability through to its successful conclusion.