Been struck down with Vibration White Finger? Call our expert injury solicitors to claim the compensation you deserve!
Vibration White Finger is an injury which is synonymous with prolonged and heavy repetitive work with vibrating equipment. Using vibrating tools and equipment for in excess of 10 years’ has been proven to be linked with the onset of this injury. Infact, people who are suffering with this debilitating condition have successfully claimed compensation for their pain and suffering.
If you have recently been diagnosed with Vibration White Finger and you are unsure if you are entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim for your condition, then call the solicitors in Greta Durnford at Accident Advice Helpline.
What is Vibration White Finger?
As the name suggests, this condition affects the fingers through the prolonged use of vibrating equipment. Over time, the use of this equipment causes the small blood vessels to become damaged affecting the nerves and sensation in the fingers and hands.
This condition is also known as Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome to encompass the wider symptoms of the injury, to the arms and hands as well as the fingers.
What are the symptoms of the condition?
Symptoms begin gradually over a long period of time and will worsen steadily, if the use of vibrating equipment is continued.
- Severe pain and discomfort across the fingers, thumb and hand
- Loss of sensation in the fingers, thumb and hand
- Pins and needles sensation in the fingers and hand
- Changing colour of the fingers as blood flow is restricted
- Inability to use the fingers properly as nerves become damaged
- Loss of function like grip and fine motor movements
What is the treatment for Vibration White Finger?
Vibration White Finger is usually diagnosed following a physical examination by a medical practitioner. Treatment includes:
- Stop using vibrating tools immediately as the symptoms may worsen if you continue
- Stop smoking as this affects the amount of oxygen in the blood and can narrow the blood vessels making the symptoms worse
- Reduce the amount of caffeine in your diet
- If you are prescribed other medications by your medical practitioner, you may be advised to reduce the dosage, as they can make the Vibration White Finger Syndrome symptoms worse
- Symptoms appear to worsen in cold, wet and icy weather conditions. Ensure that your fingers are warm – wear gloves and try and keep them dry
- Ensure that you do regular hand exercises to stimulate blood flow and reduce the symptoms as much as possible
Can I make a compensation claim using the solicitors in Great Durnford?
Call the leading law firm, Accident Advice Helpline to establish your eligibility to make a personal injury compensation claim. Their capable team of telephone advisers can notify you over the phone of your entitlement.
If you wish to go ahead with your claim, then their team of expert injury solicitors in Great Durnford can process all aspects of your claim on a no win no fee basis on your behalf.
Date Published: 4th April 2014
Author: David Brown