Unsure if you can put your best foot forward and make a compensation claim? Call our expert team of injury solicitors for help!
Walking has always been the primary means of mobility for humans across the history of mankind. However, with the increasing volume of motorised transport on the roads, pedestrians are at an increased risk of becoming injured whilst crossing or stepping into the roads.
If you have sustained an injury as a result of a pedestrian related accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years, then you may be legally entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim, and you might want to speak with our solicitors in Great Casterton.
Who is a pedestrian?
A pedestrian may be defined as a person who travels around by foot. A pedestrian isn’t just a person who may be walking. Those people who may be jogging or running, using wheeled equipment such as a scooter or skateboard or some one who is confined to a wheelchair may all be defined as a pedestrian.
How can a pedestrian increase their safety?
- Wearing reflective clothing at night and in poor weather conditions increases their personal visibility to other road users.
- Not wearing headphones in busy areas, as this can cause sensory deprivation and mean that they are not aware of their surroundings.
- Using the pedestrian crossings that are provided. These are designed to allow pedestrians to cross the roads in safety.
- Finding an appropriately safe place to cross the road. Pedestrians shouldn’t attempt to cross a road on a junction or roundabout.
- Pedestrians should walk, not run across a road.
- Pedestrians shouldn’t cross where vehicles are parked, as they may not be seen by oncoming traffic.
- Pedestrians should carry a torch to illuminate their path and ensure that they are seen by others
Been injured? Need to claim compensation, but don’t know where to start? Call the solicitors in Great Casterton
If you have been the unfortunate victim of a pedestrian related accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years, then call Accident Advice Helpline. They provide an unrivalled claims service to ensure that you are informed of your legal rights to pursue a personal injury compensation claim.
The helpful team at the dedicated law firm, Accident Advice Helpline, have over 13 years experience of providing no obligation advice to people who have been injured through no fault of their own to claim the compensation that they deserve.Open Claim Calculator
Should you choose to go ahead and pursue a compensation claim for your pedestrian related injury, then their team of capable injury solicitors in Great Casterton will process all aspects of your claim on your behalf on a no win no fee* basis.
Don’t delay! Try their unique 30 second online test for yourself and find out quickly if you can make a claim, using their dedicated team of personal injury solicitors in Great Casterton!