Being involved in a road traffic accident can be very stressful and upsetting for all involved. They can happen at any place or at any time, and after the accident it can cost you a lot of money to be able to get back on the road.
Your insurance company will cover the costs to your vehicle, but even then you have to pay an excess. You car may be repairable, or replaced, but what about you? You could suddenly find yourself with many extra expenses, such as:
- Extra medical expenses
- Care costs if your injuries severe
- Home adaption costs if your injuries mean your home needs altering to suit your needs
- Childcare costs
- The costs of jobs you might previously have done yourself
- Loss of earnings, for the future needs accounting for if you are unable to return to work
- Travel costs to and from medical appointments
Any extra expenses, or losses, that you have to bear because of the accident can be reclaimed as part of your personal injury claim, providing you have the proof of payment or reduced income.
The solicitors in Fleet will take into account all of these things when they are making your injury claim.
To use the solicitors in Fleet, there are some rules that have to apply
Whether you use our services or nat, the same rules apply to be able to make your personal injury claim, they are:
- There is a time limit for making claims. This is three years from the date of the accident, to allow for the fact that some problems develop over time rather than being immediately apparent.
- The accident must have been the fault of some one else, even as a passenger in a car, if your driver was to blame, you are not at fault so would be able to make a claim using the solicitors in Fleet.
- You must have sustained bodily injuries and those injuries should have been severe enough for you to have sought medical attention.
You should contact the solicitors in Fleet to speak about making a personal injury compensation claim, if you fit these rules.
You will find the solicitors in Fleet at Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline have over 13 years’ experience in dealing with many different types of accidents involving all sorts of injuries that end up as personal injury compensation claims. We have helped many thousands of claimants receive the compensation they were entitled to, all on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.
Our freephone helpline is 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and our advisers are there to give you the answers to any questions you may have about making a personal injury claim.
We also have a compensation calculator, called the 30-second test, on our website that will tell you if you qualify to make a claim, and give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you can expect to receive.
Date Published: 2nd April 2014
Author: David Brown