How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Learn more

    Solicitors in Flamborough

    Most of us like to eat out at restaurants or have take aways, sometimes just as a treat for a birthday or other celebration.  But too often that great night out turns into a nightmare when some hours later you start to feel ill, have nausea, begin vomiting and probably have stomach cramps.

    Too often victims have a dose of food poisoning after eating out, and if this happens to you, you should speak to the solicitors in Flamborough at Accident Advice Helpline, so they can help you in making a compensation claim.

    Talk to our solicitors in Flamborough about your food poisoning claim

    It is not just restaurants and take aways that you could get food poisoning from.  Any food outlet, such as canteens, cafes, snack bar, supermarkets and local shops could all supply you with contaminated food.

    If buying food from any food outlet makes you ill, you may have food poisoning and want to speak with the solicitors in Flamborough.

    The causes of contaminated food

    Food poisoning is caused by food that has been contaminated, usually by bacteria or viruses.  It is not always possible to see that this has happened, but if the colour or smell of the food do not appear as they should, the food should be discarded. There are other things that can help prevent the food becoming bad as well, such as:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Not keeping it warm for long periods as this is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and viruses.
    • Not using food that is out of date
    • Making sure the food is priorly cooked
    • Storing the food at correct temperatures

    As well as these measures, hygiene in the kitchen, and for the people working in the kitchen, is paramount, and no one that is unwell or has unwashed hands should be allowed to handle the food.

    How to deal with food poisoning

    In the majority of cases of food poisoning, they are mild and don’t need medical attention. They should clear up in 3 or 4 days, but it can be much more severe than this and can cause long-term problems.  It has been known to damage the nervous system and cause deaths.

    One of the biggest problems with this illness is dehydration, and you should drink plenty of water to avoid this happening. Do not even attempt to eat anything until you feel much better and then start with things that are easy to digest.

    If after a couple of days you do not start to feel better, you should seek medical attention in case it is one of the more severe forms of food poisoning that you have.

    Making your claim with the solicitors in Flamborough at Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline will assist you in making your food poisoning claim. We have been handling all types go personal injury claims for many years, it is what we specialise in and food poisoning claims are no stranger to us.

    On our freephone helpline you will find friendly and helpful advisers, there to provide you with all the information you may need about making a personal injury claim, whether that is for food poisoning or any other type of accident that was not your fault. Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.

    Date Published: 2nd April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.