How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Filton

    Solicitors in Filton

    If you lose your finger in an accident, then you life can be changed forever. If it happened in an accident that was not your own fault, then you should contact the solicitors in Filton at Accident Advice Helpline so they can assist you in making a personal injury compensation claim.

    Some finger injuries occur in the workplace and this can be because the employers have not stuck to the health and safety procedures that are there to try and protect the staff members.

    If it is your bosses fault you have a finger injury, you need to use the solicitors in Filton

    Every boss has a legal responsibility to protect their employers health and safety while they are at work, and they need to ensure that you have a safe environment to carry out the duties in your job.

    They should let you know what the health and safety policy for their business is and they can do this through talking to you themselves or by using a health and safety representative to pass on the information. However, the most common way for it to be done is for employers to give out a written copy of the policy to each employee.

    You need to report accidents in the work place

    There are certain types of accidents that your employer should report to the HSE. If you have been involved in one of these accidents and you think it has not been reported, then you should report it yourself.

    Open Claim Calculator

    For a finger injury, you may not have to report it to the HSE, but in the list below are the injuries that should be reported.

    • Dangerous incidents like the collapse of scaffolding or a wall
    • People being overcome by fumes from gasses or chemicals
    • Any other injury that stops you doing your work for more than 7 days
    • Industrial illness or disease
    • Death
    • Major injuries, broken arms, legs loss of fingers

    How to report the accidents in the workplace

    In every workplace, there should be an accident book, to record any accident that has happened. It does not matter how minor it is for it to be reported in the accident book.

    The reason for this is primarily for the staff members, just in case they need some information if they have to make an injury claim. Although it is also used for for the employers, so they can see if a certain accident keeps on occurring. In which case they can try to prevent it from happening again.

    Your solicitors in Filton will help you to make a finger injury claim

    If a work colleague or your boss was the cause for your finger injury, then you should speak to the solicitors in Filton at Accident Advice Helpline, so they can help you to make an injury claim.

    The claim will consist of other things as well as your injury, for instance:

    • Any other extra expenses that have only been incurred because of the accident
    • Loss of earnings
    • Anxiety and stress
    • Medical expenses
    • Travel costs

    If you have had an accident at work, contact us on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and speak to one of our friendly advisers to discuss your case and put your claim into motion.

    Date Published: 1st April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.