Whether you live in Erskine or anywhere else in the country, you could be in an accident that was caused by the actions of someone else. If this is the case and the accident happened within the last 3 years, and if you suffered injuries as a result, then you may be able to make an injury claim, using the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
There are lots of different types of accidents that can cause lots of different types of injuries, and many of them will involve a large organisation or an insurance company, when a personal injury claim is made.
For one reason or another, most people and organisations have some sort of insurance, government departments and agencies being the main exception to the rule. For instance, the police and emergency services do not have motor insurance, and a compensation claim against them is paid out of their own funds.
The main types of insurance
There are five main insurances that are involved with personal injury claims and they are:
- Product liability – To protect manufacturers against claims for defective products that cause harm.
- Employer’s liability – A legal requirement for most employers, this is to settle claims if an employee is injured at work through no fault of their own.
- Professional indemnity – This is an insurance that all professional people should have in case a claim is made against them in the course of their profession, the medical professional being a typical example.
- Motor Insurance – It is illegal to be in a motorised vehicle on UK roads without this. Part of your premium is for third party cover so that if you injure someone in an accident that was not their fault, a claim against you would be settled by your motor insurance.
- Public liability – Anywhere the public go should have this insurance. Shops, parks, cinemas, anywhere you can think of that you might venture to should have this cover.
Looking for solicitors in Erskine?
Dealing with large organisations can be a daunting prospect for victims, but Accident Advice Helpline has spent the last 15 years dealing with them, and making sure our claimants are paid the compensation they deserve. We have amassed a wealth of knowledge and have the expertise you need on your side when making a claim.
Although we do not have injury solicitors in Erskine we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Erskine look no further than our expert service.
Contact our advisors on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and they will guide you through the processes needed to start your claim and get your compensation. Or you can complete the 30-second test on our website which will give you a rough idea of the amount of compensation you may be awarded after being injured in an accident that was not your fault.
Date Published: 28th March 2014
Author: Clare P