Every educational facility has a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of their students, the cleaners, the teachers, the cooks, and the admin staff. In fact anyone who walks on to the premises of the building, inside or outside.
If anyone at all is injured in an accident through no fault of their own, the education facility may have to contact their insurers when they receive a personal injury claim from the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline.
There are lots of different types of accidents that can occur when our children attend school, college or university, just a few of them are:
- Injuries from faulty equipment such as desks and chairs or faulty electrical equipment that gives a shock to someone
- Sporting and athletic injuries, not the ones you get in normal play, but ones caused by intentional or reckless behaviour
- Being hit by a vehicle in the car parks
- Assault or bullying that causes trauma
- Sexual harassment or abuse
- Food poisoning perhaps contracted in the canteen
- A slip, trip or fall because of wet floors without warning signs, stairs with no handrail or perhaps the hole the gardener has dug and not clearly signed could have a student falling down it.
- Electric shocks from exposed wires, or trailing wires causing someone to trip over them
If a child is injured in an accident while studying, whether physical or psychological, a personal injury claim using our solicitors can be made by the parents or guardian if the child is under 18.
The risk factor
All educational facilities have a legal duty to be aware of potential risks on their premises and to make sure they are eradicated wherever possible. If they are not able to remove the danger, there should be ample warning signs in clearly understood language, so that no misunderstandings lead to people being injured.
Looking for solicitors in Ely?
It doesn’t matter what the reason is that you are on the premises, if you have an accident that was not your fault, in which you are injured, you will be able to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Although we do not have injury solicitors in Ely we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Ely look no further than our expert service.
Accident Advice Helpline has been dealing with personal injury compensation claims for over 15 years; we are one of the leaders in the industry. We are proud of the high quality service we provide, giving the claimants complete customer satisfaction. In the years we have been trading, we have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation they were entitled to, and now we can help you and your child.
You can contact our helpline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors. They will discuss your case with you, in confidence, give you free legal advice, and start the processes should you wish to proceed.
The accident will have been traumatic enough for your child, and normally we are able to settle most cases before they reach court, saving your child the extra stress of a court visit.