Throughout the UK, every employer has a legal responsibility to ensure the health and safety of their staff. They need to make sure that their work environment is a safe place to be, and that employees do not get injured through no fault of their own.
To help do this, they should:
- Keep all walkways free from spillages and obstructions;
- Make sure employees take proper breaks;
- Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing or equipment that staff need to do their job safely, and make sure they wear them;
- Carry out risks assessments and act upon their findings;
- Keep a record of all accidents in an accident book, no matter how minor;
- Report serious accident to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE);
- Make sure that there are proper sanitary facilities for the staff;
- Ensure that employees have enough space in which to work comfortably without having to constantly twist and turn;
- Make sure that all equipment and machinery in use is in good working order, and that any required safety guards are fitted and work correctly; and
- Train staff properly to use any equipment, and all the safety devices fitted to it.
Any employers who do not meet with the health and safety rules may have to face a personal injury claim filed by the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline.
Employers’ liability insurers
Employers’ liability insurers usually have to be dealt with when a claim is made against an employer. Each year at renewal, the insurance company provides a certificate of insurance, which the employer should really put on display for all employers to see.
If they do not, then employees can ask to see the certificate at any time and the employer has to show it to them. The law requires a minimum cover of £5 million for this type of insurance, but most insurance companies start at £10 million.
Looking for solicitors in Edgware?
Dealing with insurance companies is not always straightforward. Their forms are complex and they delight in asking awkward questions. Our solicitors are used to dealing with them, will not be brow beaten by them, and will ensure that they handle the injury claim with speed and efficiency.
Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with personal injury compensation claims since 2000, and since 2003 Esther Rantzen has been our patron. Esther recommends our services because she knows we will deliver what we promise – the highest quality customer service possible.
We don’t have injury solicitors in Edgware working for us however we can still help you with your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works throughout the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Edgware or anywhere else look no further than our expert service.
We operate a no win no fee* agreement so that you do not have to find any money to start your claim.
You can complete our 30-second test online. This will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may be awarded, or you could phone our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speak to one of our friendly advisors