Any bosses throughout the UK, no matter where they are based, have a legal duty to ensure that the health and safety of their staff while in the work place is good. Also they need to make sure that their work environment is a safe place to work.
If they do not do this properly and you have an accident in which you are injured, then you should contact the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline to assist you in making a personal injury claim.
To help to reduce the risk of having to face solicitors with a personal injury claim, they should:
- Have a health and safety policy, the details of which all staff are aware
- Making sure you have enough room to work in without excessive twisting and turning
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and has safety guards fitted
- Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing you need
- Ensure you are properly trained to use any plant and equipment
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings
- Record all accidents
- Have regular fire drills
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Make sure you take proper breaks
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction
The above do not cover all needs as different trades have different requirements but all the information your employer will need is available on the very user friendly HSE website.
Having employer’s liability insurance
Another legal requirement for most employers is that they have employer’s liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5,000,000 although a lot of insurance companies have an entry level of £10,000,000. You have no need to worry that you will force the business to close, or lose your workmates’ jobs, because it is this insurance that will pay your injury claim, not your boss.
Looking for solicitors in Eccles?
The solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline are here to help you make your personal injury claim. For over 13 years we have been providing access to justice for non-blame victims of accidents. We have helped many thousands of claimants’ get the compensation to which they were entitled and we have an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
Although we do not have injury solicitors in Eccles we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Eccles look no further than our expert service.
Our in house solicitors have the experience and knowledge you need to ensure that your claim is covered in all areas, that you get the maximum amount due with as little trouble to yourself as possible.
You can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500. We are there to give you free advice whenever you want to call. Or you can complete our 30-second test to see if you have a valid claim and to get an estimate of how much you might be awarded.