Motorbikes are becoming more and more popular through out the UK, because they are cheap to buy, cheap to run and fun to ride. But because you are on a bike, you are very vulnerable to any accidents that might happen, and the lack of protection means that injuries for motorcyclists tend to be more serious.
If you do have an accident of which you were a faultless victim, and you suffered injuries as a result, then you should contact the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline to assist you in making a personal injury compensation claim.
Some advice for bikers
The motorbike rider is 40 times more likely to die in an accident than a car driver, and although they now account for 2% of all traffic on UK roads, unfortunately they are involved in 20% of deaths and serious injuries from accidents.
Here are some precautions that riders can take to try and reduce the risk of injuries being so serious:
- Good quality boots can save breaks in your feet and ankles.
- Leather gloves will give protection to your hands.
- You should wear a well-fitting good quality helmet. Full-faced ones give more protection. A good helmet can halve the chance of sustaining a head injury, but still 80% of motorbike deaths are from brain injuries.
- Leather trousers and jacket may be expensive, but they protect the skin and flesh from being ripped off in an accident – a very painful injury known as road rash.
The trouble with all of this this is that it might all sound very expensive, but it is money well spent and could save your life. Make sure you buy all your motorbike gear from reputable dealers, as there are many fakes on the market which will not help you at all.Open Claim Calculator
If at any time you are injured in a motorbike accident that was not your fault, please contact our solicitors to make your personal injury claim.
The different types of injuries you may suffer in a motorbike accident
The list of injuries is limitless, but could include:
- Back and spinal injuries;
- Head and brain injuries;
- Burns from the bike’s engine;
- Internal injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Road rash (where the rider slides along the road, scraping skin and flesh from their body);
- Biker’s arm (where the accident happens in such a way that the bike falls on the arm and crushes it);
- Broken bones; and
- Facial and eye injuries.
Some of these injuries can be so severe that they change the life of the biker forever, as well as the lives of those close to them.
Looking for solicitors in Eastville?
Most motorbike accidents are not the fault of the rider, but they automatically get the blame. At Accident Advice Helpline, we will ensure that riders are dealt with fairly, and that they do not shoulder the responsibility for an accident that was not their fault.
Although we do not have injury solicitors in Eastville we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Eastville look no further than our expert service.
Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and talk to one of our advisors. They will put your case to our solicitors to get the maximum amount of compensation for your situation.