How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Eastham

    You may be entitled to make an injury claim using the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline if you have had food poisoning from a restaurant or other food outlet.

    Contaminated food is the cause of food poisoning. Bacteria commonly known as E. coli or salmonella are the more commonly known forms of bacteria, but it can happen from other viruses or parasites as well.

    Lack of hygiene in cooking areas is the biggest problem that allows bacteria to breed. No one should be allowed to handle food if they are ill or they do not wash their hands regularly. This is especially important between preparing different foods to avoid cross-contamination. Utensils not being cleaned between different uses can have the same effect.

    If you suffer food poisoning through someone else’s fault, you may well be able to make a personal injury compensation claim, and you should speak to the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline to discuss the matter.

    There are other ways in which the contamination can happen

    Other ways in which food can become contaminated include:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Storing the food at incorrect temperatures;
    • Refreezing thawed frozen foods;
    • Undercooking the food;
    • Leaving cooked food for too long at warm temperatures; and
    • Eating food past its use by date.

    At first, may not know how food poisoning has happened to you. We suggest that you should report your illness to the Food Standards Agency (FSA), who will find out why it is happening. If it has happened to you, there is a likelihood it has happened to others as well. Wherever you have eaten the food, they might not be at fault – it could be a problem with one of their suppliers, which is something else the FSA will trace.

    The side-effects

    You will be in no doubt that you have a case of food poisoning, as it makes you feel so ill. You could well experience:

    • High temperature;
    • Chills;
    • Nausea;
    • Vomiting;
    • Stomach cramps;
    • Diarrhoea;
    • Loss of appetite; and
    • Muscle spasms.

    You should drink lots of sips of water and get plenty of rest – this is the best way to fight food poisoning. Then, when you feel better you should try something easy to digest, such as toast. If you do not start to improve after a couple of days, you should seek medical attention. 

    Accident Advice Helpline will help you to feel better

    Whatever or whoever is at fault for your illness, you need to call Accident Advice Helpline to make a food poisoning injury claim. We have made the process of making a claim simple and efficient, while maximising the amount you will be awarded.

    Although we do not have injury solicitors in Eastham we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Eastham look no further than our expert service.

    Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speak to an advisor, or complete the 30-second test online. Both will give you an estimate of the amount you might be due.

    Date Published: 25th March 2014

    Author: Emma Matthews

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.