Every employer has a legal duty to protect your health and safety while you are at work. If they do not do this, and as a result you have an accident which results in you sustaining an injury, then you should contact the solicitors at Accident Advice Helpline to assist you in making a claim for personal injury compensation.
The most common accidents that occur at work are slips, trips and falls
Some of the most common accidents to occur in a workplace are slips, trips and falls. On average, more than 40% of all major injuries are because of a fall from height. There are regulations for working at height that all employers should follow, such as:
- Making sure that all floors are in a good, suitable condition, and that they are free from any obstructions to enable workers to move around safely;
- Carrying out risk assessments and acting on findings to ensure safety;
- Keeping the working at height to a minimum unless it is absolutely necessary;
- Providing safety equipment for anyone who has to work at height;
- Ensuring that staff know how to use the safety equipment, and that they do so; and
- Making sure that there are safety rails in place.
Employees can help to prevent slips, trips and falls at work
Employees can help in the quest to prevent slips, trips and falls at work by:
- Reporting and ensuring that any obstructions or spillages are dealt with as soon as possible;
- Playing their part and keeping their workplace tidy;
- Reporting an accident or near miss to their employer, who can use the information to help prevent an accident happening to someone else;
- Not doing anything that would put themselves or anyone else in any danger; and
- Reporting any safety issues to the employer, such as damaged hand rails, no safety boards or damaged floors.
Looking for solicitors in East Yorkshire?
Although we do not have injury solicitors in East Yorkshire we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in East Yorkshire look no further than our expert service.
Our solicitors are the experts in dealing with accident at work claims, just like we are with all personal injury compensation claims. We have over 15 years of experience in helping claimants from all types of accidents with all types of injuries to get the compensation that they deserved.
You will not need any money to start your claim, as we operate on a no win no fee* basis. You can call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to a friendly and helpful advisor, or complete the 30-second test on our website. Both will let you know if you have a valid claim and give you an estimate of the amount you might be awarded for your injuries.