How to treat pneumonia
Pneumonia is a very serious lung disease which can be life threatening if not treated quickly. Pneumonia can come about for a variety of reasons, after an illness or even an accident and the symptoms need to be recognised and treated as soon as possible to prevent it developing into something even more serious. To prevent yourself becoming hospitalised, if you think you have pneumonia you should see a doctor as soon as possible and here are some other things you can do:
- Get to a doctor. The first thing you should always do if you think that you might be suffering from pneumonia is get hold of a doctor and make an appointment. If you mention that you think you might have pneumonia on the phone then you should be fast tracked into an appointment so the doctor can see you sooner rather than later.
- Get started on antibiotics. The doctor should prescribe you a course of antibiotics to fight the infection and you should take these as soon as they are prescribed. This will help you to heal more quickly. Even if your symptoms start to ease, don’t stop taking the antibiotics until you have finished the entire course.
- Rest. Whilst recovering from pneumonia, your body needs all the rest it can get to fight the infection. Take time off from work or school and get as much sleep as you can.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Water will help your body to be strong enough to fight the infection, so keep yourself topped up with fluids to stay hydrated and help the mucus to loosen in your lungs.
- Be prepared to go to hospital. If your symptoms do not clear up, or even get worse, you should be prepared to go straight to the hospital and get treated there.
Finding solicitors in Dulwich for compensation
If you feel that you have developed pneumonia or any other serious illness after an accident which was not your fault, you may be able to claim compensation from the person at fault if you can find good solicitors in Dulwich to handle your case. Call the Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your situation and why you feel that it is the fault of someone else.
The team can talk you through what has happened and whether or not you have a good case for compensation, helping you to decide whether or not you want to proceed with your claim. If you do then you will be passed over to our solicitors in Dulwich who will work with you to get you the compensation you deserve. Your solicitors in Dulwich will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to process your claim and you can call the helpline during your claim to get advice and support as you need it.
Date Published: 22nd March 2014
Author: David Brown