Be safe during a heat emergency
Heat can be one of the most dangerous things for you to deal with if you do not know how to stay safe. Whether you find yourself trying to get out of a building which is on fire, or trying to avoid the heat during a heatwave, you must always respect heat and know how to keep yourself as safe as possible to try to maintain a normal body temperature and thus stay safe.
- Rest. During extreme heat it is important not to make your body work too hard. If you are in an extreme heatwave try to stay indoors and rest as much as you can to preserve energy.
- Drink lots of fluids. Your body will be losing a lot of salt and water through sweat and this can quickly lead to you becoming severely dehydrated. Drink plenty of fluids to replace those lost, but avoid coffee, tea and alcohol as these are diuretics which will dehydrate you further.
- Avoid working during the hottest part of the day. I extreme heat it is just not possible to work hard during the hottest parts of the day. If you must work you should take lots of breaks and share the load with someone else.
- Check on friends and family. You should check on your loved ones often to make sure that they are staying safe and adjusting to the heat. Remember that children and the elderly are most at risk.
- Stay on the ground floor. Heat rises, so as much as you can, move to the ground floor and stay there until the heatwave
Using solicitors in Dufftown to claim compensation
If you have had a heat-related injury which you feel was caused by the negligence of someone else, then you may be able to claim compensation against the other person if you use good solicitors in Dufftown. It is important that you use the best solicitors in Dufftown you can find for this situation as it will help you to put together a good claim, which is more likely to be successful, and it can take a lot of the stress out of making a claim.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone to speak to the team about your situation, and they will help you to decide whether or not you have a good enough case to make a successful compensation claim. If you do, then you do not have to proceed, but can be passed over to our in house dedicated solicitors in Dufftown, who will work on a 100% ‘no win, no fee*’ basis to get you the compensation you deserve. Your solicitors in Dufftown will also work on your behalf so that you shouldn’t have to do anything else on your own, and shouldn’t even have to go to court.
Date Published: 22nd March 2014
Author: David Brown