How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Dronfield

    How to get a medical certificate

    If you have been injured in an accident, or are suffering from an illness which makes it difficult for you to work, then you may want to speak to your doctor about getting a medical certificate which signs you off from work for a little while.

    Not being at work gives you the time and space you need to rest and recover more quickly, which can actually benefit your work on the long run.

    Doctors may not always produce these certificates particularly freely, so you will need to prove that you need one, and that you are not currently fit for work.

    • Look into your company’s policies on sick leave. Every company is different, and you don’t want to take sick leave if this will threaten your position, instead you may decide on another course of action. Find out if you are able to take sick leave, and if your position is eligible for paid leave.
    • Speak to your doctor. Go to your doctor with your symptoms and explain why they make it difficult if not impossible for you to do your job. Your doctor will understand better than anyone that your health is more important, and will write you a sick note if they think your health is in danger.
    • Talk through other options. You may not want to be signed off work altogether, or may not be able to get away with this in your position. The doctor can discuss variations on the medical certificate for you, which may suggest you work from home or work different hours, and this may work better for your employer and yourself.

    Using solicitors in Dronfield to claim compensation

    If the reason you are not able to work is that you have been injured by the negligent actions of someone else, then you are within your rights to want to claim compensation back from the other party.

    This will help to pay for any lost wages due to you being unable to work, and can also give you money towards medical treatments which will also help you to recover more quickly.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, to speak to the friendly, helpful team, and discuss what happened and who you think is to blame. The team can then assess how likely it is that your claim will be successful and whether you should go ahead or not.

    You are under no obligation to proceed after this initial phone call, but if you do decide to go ahead you will be passed over to our solicitors in Dronfield, who will work on your claim on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve.

    Your solicitors in Dronfield will work on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court, and keep you updated as your claim progresses.

    Date Published: 21st March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.