Two villages in Scotland bear the name Daviot, one in the Highlands, the other in Aberdeenshire. Whichever Daviot you find yourself in, they are both situated in the expansive and rugged countryside of Scotland. Daviot in the Highlands has one of the best remaining Neolithic stone circles. It might be on your list to see when you are on a hike.
Hiking and Walking
Hiking, hill walking and contour walking are great exercise, inspiring for the mind and bracing for the body. Thousands of people do it every year, especially in the summer, when the long days make it more enjoyable. However, even these benign-seeming activities can have their dangers. Tips for keeping safe when hiking and walking include:
- Wear the right footwear. A specialist outdoor equipment retailer will be able to advise you on suitable boots or shoes to wear for your type of walk.
- Put on thick hikers’ socks. These help to cushion the feet against shock from rough terrain and also protect against blisters and corns.
- Always carry a fully-charged mobile phone, some emergency energy bars in a pocket, and drinking water.
- However warm and sunny it is when you set out, have a rolled up waterproof jacket and trousers in your backpack. In mountainside and moorland areas, the weather can turn on a sixpence.
- Plan your route in advance, and take a map with you. You can use online maps, but remember you may go out range of mobile coverage, so it’s good to have the paper version in a breast pocket.
- Tell people at home or at base camp where you are going, and when you plan to be back. This is probably the greatest factor in saving lives when things go wrong and climbers don’t return.
- Apply common sense and you’ll have a great day out.
Solicitors in Daviot can help you make your claim
If you were injured during an adventure holiday and it was not your fault, it could mean you are eligible to make a compensation claim. It may not be straightforward finding injury solicitors in Daviot, but fear not, Accident Advice Helpline can help.
Although we do not have injury solicitors in Daviot we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK with specific Scottish partners. So if you need injury solicitors in Daviot look no further than our expert service.
Accident Advice Helpline is here for you
Our company provides expertise in personal injury compensation, where the victim has suffered injuries and expense from an accident which was not their fault. In the trade, the jargon is “non-fault accident.” Besides accidents, personal injury can include:
- Work-related illnesses, including long term conditions such as lung disease and joint and limb impairment
- Stress and mental trauma resulting from imposed situations, including bullying at work
Does my claim qualify?
If you have suffered in this way and you think a third party was to blame, take our 30-second test here, to see if you might be able to claim. To get things started, you can speak to our advisors on 0800 689 0500, if you are calling from a land line) or if using your mobile, on 0333 500 0993. Our lines are open 24/7, so you can call at any time. On the other hand, text “CLAIM365” to 88010 and someone will call you back.
Date Published: 12th June 2014