How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Charlestown

    Charlestown began as a small fishing village called West Polmear, in Cornwall. The harbour was built between 1790 and 1799, and it then changed its name, becoming Charlestown, so called after the man who had played a part in the design of the harbour, a local landowner named Charles Rashleigh. Charlestown’s harbour is used by local fishermen today, and sometimes you can see one or two tall ships anchored there too.

    You may not find any solicitors in Charlestown though, especially is you needed a specialist personal injury solicitor.

    Why would I need solicitors in Charlestown?

    If you are a resident of Charlestown, you may need solicitors in Charlestown to help you prove that the accident in which you sustained an injury was not your fault. You must be able to prove this if you are to make a successful claim for any injury. Solicitors in Charlestown (or ones closer to where you live) can help build a case to support your personal injury compensation claim.

    Alternatively, you may be seeking solicitors in Charlestown-based because you have been diagnosed with an illness that could be proven to have been the result of another person’s negligence.

    How long do I have to make my claim?

    If you have an illness that can be proven to have been contracted because of negligence on the part of another person, you have three years to file your claim for compensation against the person you believe to have been responsible for it.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you are claiming for injuries after an accident that was not your fault, you would normally have three years from the date of the accident to make your claim.

    However, if your accident happened at sea, aboard an aircraft or at most airports in the world, you would only have two years to make a claim for injuries. You also only have two years to claim for injuries sustained in the course of a crime.

    There are other types of accident with shorter limitation periods, so really you should check with a firm of solicitors, or us at Accident Advice Helpline, to find out how long you have to make your claim, as it would be extremely inconvenient for you if time ran out before you filed your claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Whatever type of personal injury compensation claim you believe you have to make, you may need expert legal advice and help to file it. If that is the case, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time and speak to one of our highly-trained advisers.

    You can call on one of our freephone numbers:

    These are: 0800 689 0500 for calls from landlines, or, if you prefer to use a mobile, call us on 0333 500 0993.

    Why not call now for expert legal advice?

    Date Published: 13th May 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.