How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Carew

    A daily stroll down your local high street is a normal every day activity that always seems to pan out the same route. Whether you are on a mission or are just out for a walk the high street seems like a safe place to be.

    However any high street can have its own hazards. Having a slip, trip or fall in public can be very embarrassing but solicitors in Carew say that you could be entitled to make a claim for your accident.

    Hazards On High Streets

    The main hazard on any high street is the pavement itself. With heavy footfall every day of the year even pavements can show signs of wear and tear. If these signs are not maintained and repaired there could be some accidents.

    Solicitors in Carew point out that any unstable paving tiles or potholes which are not repaired or highlighted as an upcoming hazard you could be entitled for some compensation from the accident. Injuries can vary but regardless of the outcome the hazard should not have been there in the first place.

    Other hazards include broken glass or other harmful substances which have not been cleared away. Although these may have come from a separate individual it is still a responsibility to keep public pavements clear of these hazards.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Solicitors In Carew And A High Street Claim

    Many people who suffer a slip, trip or fall in a high street don’t process a claim. Solicitors in Carew advise that even if you are not sure as to whether you are entitled to some compensation it is still worth asking the question. You may be surprised.

    In many high street cases the responsible party for the accident is usually the local council so the claim would be put against them. Though as councils hold public liability insurance it is highly likely that the actual compensation claim will be put to the insurance company.

    Having an accident in public can damage more than your body but it is always worth finding out if you have a base for a claim. The amount of compensation can vary on a large scale but if the accident was not your fault then you may be compensated.

    If you have some questions regarding making a claim you can call us at Accident Advice Helpline. It’s completely free to call so phone 0800 689 0500 today.  

    Date Published: 12th May 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.