How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Bideford

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Bideford

    Bideford is a historic port town on the River Torridge in North Devon; it was once (back in the 16th century) Britain’s third largest port, but this is no longer the case.

    However, a ferry still runs between Bideford and Lundy Island where, if you are lucky, you might see dolphins, rare birds and seals. It is the last land mass between Britain and the US.

    Solicitors in Bideford

    There probably are solicitors Bideford based, but there may not be a specialist solicitor to help you fight your case, as there are many facets of the law, and different solicitors have different specialities.

    For example, if you were injured in a violent attack, you would need the services of a criminal injuries solicitor, not one who specializes in accidents at work.

    You may require the services of solicitors Bideford or elsewhere, if you can prove that an accident in which you were injured was not your fault. You could also be seeking solicitors Bideford if you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by the negligence of another person and or organisation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How long to file a claim?

    You should check with a firm of solicitors Bideford to find out how long you have to file your specific claim if you have been injured, as different types of accident have different limitation periods.

    You generally have three years to file a claim if the accident happened in the UK, but there are exceptions to this rule. The sooner you begin the claims’ process the better.

    Don’t delay, as time may be running out.

    You have three years after first being diagnosed with an illness that was the result of another person’s negligence in which to file a claim.

    Victim of an unprovoked assault?

    If you have been an innocent victim of an assault, you may be able to make a claim for your injuries through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). You should not have provoked your assailant in any way, and the crime in which you received your injuries should have been reported to the police.

    They will have written a report and given you a unique crime reference number, and you should also have sought medical attention for your injuries. You have two years from the date of the crime to file a claim with the CICA.

    Although in theory you don’t need a solicitor to represent you, it would be better if you hired the services of a criminal injuries solicitor to help you through the labyrinth of the claims process.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    For help and advice about your potential claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of our freephone numbers at any time.

    The numbers to ring are 0800 689 0500, (call this number from a landline too), or 0333 500 0993 for mobiles.

    Why not call us now for expert legal advice about any aspect of the claims process.

    Date Published: 8th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.