How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitors in Aldenham

    There probably isn’t a firm of solicitors in Aldenham, so if you are thinking of filing a personal injury compensation claim, either for injuries or an illness, call us here at Accident Advice Helpline so that we can put you in touch with a suitable solicitor.

    Why would I need solicitors in Aldenham?

    If you have been injured in an accident of any type that you can prove was no fault of your own, then you may be entitled to file a personal injury compensation claim. You and your solicitors in Aldenham would have to build a case proving that you were in no way responsible for the accident and your injuries.

    You may also need the services of solicitors in Aldenham, or ones based elsewhere in the country, if you have been diagnosed with an illness that you can prove was caused as a result of another person’s negligence.

    How long do I have to make a claim?

    If you have an illness that you can prove was the result of negligence on the part of another person, you have three years from when you were first diagnosed with it in which to file a personal injury compensation claim against the person you allege to be responsible for it.

    If you have sustained injuries in an accident that was not your fault, and it happened in the UK, you will usually have three years from its date in which to make your claim, although there are exceptions to this general rule.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Some exceptions to the three-year rule

    If you have had an accident involving an untraced or uninsured driver in the UK, and you wish to claim for your injuries, then you have only nine months in which to make a claim through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau.

    If you were injured during the course of a crime and did nothing to provoke the attack, you have two years to file a claim with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, the Northern Ireland Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme or one of the islands’ schemes, depending on where the crime took place. It must have been reported to the police and you should have been given a unique crime reference number.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need help and advice in order to make any kind of personal injury compensation claim, call us here at Accident Advice Helpline at any time. Call us on one 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call now for expert legal advice and to discover how we may be able to help you file your claim?

    Date Published: 15th August 2017

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.