How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitor in Spilsby

    If you knew how much money your council paid out to people who were injured while on its property every month, you would likely not be best pleased, especially if you’re responsible for paying the council tax in your home. Many councils pay out personal injury claims that run into the millions every year. However this won’t all come out of its budget. Many payments will be covered by your council’s public liability insurance, which is put in place to pay out for accidents such as these.

    This is not to say that your local authority will not have to pay anything, as the more claims it makes, the more it will have to cough up for its cover each year. Regardless of where the money comes from, if you’ve been injured in an accident that was not your fault while on council owned land, you would be well advised to get yourself a good solicitor in Spilsby with a view to seeking out a compensation pay-out.

    Council land accidents and a decent solicitor in Spilsby

    You might have been injured when you slipped on a patch of ice that had not been properly salted on council property. As the local authority in question would have had a legal responsibility to make sure that all the land that it owned that was open to the public would not pose a risk in these sorts of circumstances, you might well find yourself in a position where you might be able to make a claim.

    Maybe you came a cropper after hitting a pothole on a public highway while on your pushbike. As your local council will typically be responsible for the state of repair of the roads in your area, you might well be able to make a claim against its public liability insurance under these circumstances.

    Get the right advice from Accident Advice Helpline

    If you would like to take action against your local council after being injured in an accident that was not your fault while on its property, you should get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today. To do so, all you’ll need to do is call us on either 0800 689 0500 from your landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. This will result in you being connected to one of our friendly and professional claims advisor, who will be able to listen to what happened to you and make an assessment as to whether or not you might be able to qualify for no win no fee personal injury representation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 9th August 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.