Most of us only have contact with a solicitor firm when something goes wrong in our lives or something major happens. The ‘something’ that goes wrong could be a divorce or a family dispute or dealing with a will after the death of a loved one. The ‘something’ major could be much more pleasant such as buying your first house.
It is important to get the right solicitor firm for the job that you have in mind. Here are some tips on how you might do that.
Finding the right solicitor firm for you – Top 5 tips
- If you are looking for a solicitor firm to handle a delicate family matter such as a divorce or custody arrangements for your children then you may want to choose a local solicitor firm. You will probably need a few one-to-one meetings where you can discuss in length what the options are for your family and how things can be handled in such a way as to cause as little upset and distress as possible.
- If you are looking for a solicitor firm to handle a conveyancing job (buying or selling a house) you may still want a local firm but will also want someone that is familiar with this sort of work and will liaise with estate agents and mortgage brokers to get the whole thing settled as quickly as possible. Any delays can result in you losing your place in a property chain, waving goodbye to your dream home and having to start all over again!
- If you are looking for a solicitor firm to handle your personal injury claim because you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault then you really need an expert negotiator. You need someone with a wide experience in your type of claim who can fight hard to get you the compensation that you deserve. Very few personal injury cases end up in court and most are handled over the telephone so you are not limited to choosing a local firm. In fact, a large national legal firm may well be more suitable.
- If you choose Accident Advice Helpline to handle your claim then you will not only get an expert negotiator but will also be able to access the unique 30 second Accident Advice Helpline test. This gives you an idea of how much money you may get before your claim is even started. You also get the benefit of a 24/7 hotline.
- Get hold of Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you possibly can after your accident. This will ensure that you get the best legal advice from the outset and means that all the records relating to your claim will be easy to get at.
Date Published: 16th May 2014
Author: Sharon Parry