Looking for a personal injury solicitor in Falkirk for yourself is stressful enough but looking for a personal injury solicitor in Falkirk because your child has been injured in a road traffic accident that was not your own fault is even more upsetting.
This is when many people turn to a highly experienced and professional legal firm like Accident Advice Helpline. If you need a children’s accident solicitor in Falkirk then they can handle all of the legal aspects of the claim on your behalf – leaving you the time and space to help your child recover from their injuries. Road traffic accidents involving children are on the decrease as our roads get safer but thousands of children are still killed or injured in road traffic accidents every year. Here are the top 5 facts that you should know about finding a personal injury solicitor in Falkirk and children’s road traffic accidents.
Finding a children’s solicitor in Falkirk, road traffic accidents top 5 facts
- Finding a solicitor in Falkirk does not have to be hard – all you have to do is make one phone call to Accident Advice Helpline and they will take it from there. They have been helping children hurt in road traffic accidents to claim the compensation that they deserve for the last 13 years.
- Older children are more at risk of being involved in an accident as a pedestrian or a cyclist whereas very young children (under 2 years old) are more likely to be hurt as a passenger in a car. Putting a very young child in a correctly fitted child car seat greatly reduces the risks of them getting hurt if a collision should occur. Many children in car seats escape completely unscathed from road traffic collisions.
- Not all children are at equal risk. Boys are more likely to get injured on our roads than girls and children from an ethnic minority and from low income families are also more likely to be involved in a road traffic accident. Children with hearing difficulties are especially at risk – they are ten times more likely to be hurt in an accident on the road. Many accidents happen on light summer evenings when children are outside playing.
- School buses are very safe – your child is more likely to get injured walking to the bus stop than when they are actually on the bus! Also, very few accidents happen outside the schools themselves.
- Very few children are injured when they are walking by the road with an adult – only 1 in 10. Children get injured when they are walking or playing near roads and are not being supervised by an adult.
Date Published: 8th May 2014
Author: Sharon Parry