Right at the beginning of your hunt for a personal injury solicitor in Dartford you will be asked some very basic questions. This happens when you first call Accident Advice Helpline – the questions are designed to be used in the “30 second test” which Accident Advice Helpline uses to find out if you actually have grounds to make a claim.
Once this has been established and you have been allocated a personal injury solicitor in Dartford then you will be asked to provide some further details about your accident and how it happened.
This will include details about what time of day the accident happened. You may not be aware that the time of day influences the type of accident that takes place on our roads. Here are the top 5 facts about night time road accidents that a solicitor in Dartford would deal with.
Finding a solicitor in Dartford after a night time accident – Top 5 facts
- Driving at night is very different to driving during the day – this much is obvious! The driver’s visibility is reduced and it is much more difficult to see other road users especially pedestrians and cyclists who are not using lights or reflective clothing.
- Night time is the time of day when we should be asleep! This makes tiredness a very real hazard even for experienced drivers. The dangers of feeling drowsy at the wheel cannot be over-emphasised and leave many people hunting for a personal injury solicitor in Dartford.
- There is a pattern to the type of people that make night time journeys and therefore become involved in night time accidents. Many night time journeys are unexpected – perhaps because of a family emergency or because daytime travel plans have been delayed. Other journeys are made as part of an occupation. Lorry drivers, bus drivers, delivery drivers and taxi drivers all have to drive at night. Young, inexperienced drivers are most likely to have an accident at night.
- You can claim compensation for a night time accident that was not your fault in exactly the same way as for a day time accident. You do this by calling Accident Advice Helpline – they have a 24/7 hotline so you can call them in the middle of the night if you want to. They will handle all of the legal aspects of your claim on a no win no fee* basis.
- There are several common sense precautions that you can take to try and prevent yourself from becoming part of a case handled by a personal injury solicitor in Dartford. The obvious one is not to drive when you are tired and to take frequent breaks. Always make sure that the lights on your car in working order and take extra care.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.