Residents of Bushey hope the same thing as drivers all over the country – they hope that they will never be involved in a car accident that is not their own fault and hope that they will never have to start the hunt for a personal injury solicitor in Bushey to help them start a personal injury claim.
Yet, for some unlucky people this will happen during the coming year. Hundreds of road traffic accidents take place every day all over the UK and inevitably a few will be in the Bushey area.
The only sensible thing to do if you have been injured in a car accident in the Bushey area that was not your fault is to try and get some compensation by contacting Accident Advice Helpline. They are a leading law firm that can supply a comprehensive legal package on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. Here are the top 5 tips on what to do on the lead up to contacting a personal injury solicitor in Bushey.
Personal injury solicitor in Bushey top 5 accident tips
- The first priority at the scene of any car accident is to assess how many people are injured and how serious the injuries are. To do this you have to stop your vehicle (if it is not already stationary) and get out. You have to be very careful when doing this as you run a risk of being hit by another vehicle yourself. Keep calm at all times – you may be absolutely certain that the accident was someone else’s fault and that you will definitely be talking to a personal injury solicitor in Bushey but there is no point in ranting and raving about it!
- Your second priority is to summon medical assistance for everyone who needs it. Dial 999 if people are seriously injured or trapped in their vehicles. You must be calm and explain to the operator what has happened and keep your phone with you in case the emergency services need to ring you back.
- If you are physically capable you should exchange details with the drivers of the other vehicles. Make a note of:
- All of the car registration number
- The detailed make and model of the cars
- The names of the registered keepers
- The names of the drivers
- Contact numbers for witnesses
If you can’t do this yourself try and get someone else to do it for you.
- Stay at the scene until everyone has collected all the information that they need or until the emergency services inform you that you can go.
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you can after the accident. They will provide you with excellent early advice and support. What’s more, they will handle your case on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis.
Date Published: 20th April 2014
Author: David Brown