How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Solicitor in Broad St

    Many towns and cities will have a Broad St, or Broad Street. You’ll often find it’s at the heart of the action, busy with shops, pubs, bars and restaurants. If you have been working or enjoying leisure time here and suffer an accident such as a slip, trip or fall, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A personal injury solicitor can help you get what you deserve.

    To be able to make a successful claim, your slip, trip or fall must have caused you injuries requiring medical treatment. Often these kinds of accidents result in bruises and it’s your pride that’s badly damaged. However, in some cases, it can be more serious. You may break a limb, suffer a back injury or concussion. The most serious types of accidents can result in paralysis or death. So it’s not a matter to be taken lightly. Keep records of any medical attention you received, at the time or subsequently, as it may help your solicitor to negotiate an amount of compensation in line with the severity of your injuries.

    You can usually claim when your accident wouldn’t have happened if someone had not been careless, negligent or committed a criminal act. Maybe a landowner failed to flag up to pedestrians that a floor was slippy. Perhaps the local authority had not suitably maintained the pavement and you tripped or fell. If you have such an accident, keep your wits about you. Take pictures if possible of the surrounding area to help support your claim. Make notes about what happened as this can be useful to your solicitor if you wish to claim in future.

    The usual time limit for claiming is three years. This seems like a long time. However, one of the hardest things about claiming for a slip, trip or fall is providing sufficient evidence to substantiate your case. In many instances, the sooner you set things in motion, the better. That way, events are still fresh in both your mind and the minds of any witnesses to the accident.

    Looking for a solicitor in Broad St?

    We at Accident Advice Helpline work nationwide meaning we help accident victims regardless of where they live. This means that even though we do not have a local injury solicitor in Broad St we can still help. So for an injury solicitor in Broad St, or anywhere else, get in touch!

    Open Claim Calculator

    As well as receiving compensation for your injuries, your solicitor may also be able to argue for expenses you’ve incurred as a result of your accident. It’s very important that you therefore keep receipts and notes of money you have had to pay out, for transport costs to and from medical appointments; for prescription charges; and for things like childcare and help around the home.

    If you have more queries about a slip, trip or fall, or any other kind of accident, discuss these with us with no obligation and in confidence by ringing our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. You can also contact us by texting ‘claim365’ to 88010 or by completing the 30-second test.

    Date Published: 23rd March 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.