If you enjoy riding your bicycle, it does not matter where you are indulging your hobby, or if you are riding to work, you could be injured. If you are out riding one day and you have an accident that was not your own fault, then you should contact a solicitor in Bedford at Accident Advice Helpline to help you make a personal injury claim for compensation.
Do you need the help of a solicitor in Bedford?
There are lots of ways cycling accidents could happen, for example:
- Thoughtless car drivers parking and opening their door onto a cyclist
- A defect on the bike could make the rider lose control
- Potholes or bad road surfaces throwing them from their cycle
- Vehicle drivers do not always see cycle riders until it is too late
Because the cyclist has not a lot of protection, they are very vulnerable on the roads and any of these accidents could cause severe injuries, but here are some precautions they can take to try and reduce the risks, for example:
- Kneepads and elbow pads can help protect the joints
- Good sturdy footwear will protect the feet
- Maintain your cycle
- Have a good knowledge of the highway code
- Do not ride next to other cyclist
- Do not ride to close to parked cars
- Wear a well fitting, good quality helmet
- Wear bright or high-vis clothing
Hopefully, these precautions will help reduce the risk of an accident and the need to make a personal injury compensation claim, using a solicitor in Bedford.
Of course, if you have been hurt because of someone or something else, you may need to take legal action in order to make a claim for cycling injuries.Open Claim Calculator
The scene of the accident
At the scene of the accident, you should make sure that you get as much evidence as you can. If you have a mobile phone, take photos, get witness name and addresses if there were any. If the police are in attendance, make sure they get your version of events as well as anyone elses, their accident report may well be used later when making the personal injury claim.
Making the claim with Accident Advice Helpline
The compensation claims system is very complicated and time-consuming. You will probably need professional help to be certain of getting the amount of compensation you are entitled to, and to ensure as little anxiety as possible is caused through having to deal with your claim.
The accident itself will have been more than traumatic enough, without you having to worry about these things as well.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, to speak to a friendly adviser about claiming for cycling injuries today.